Sept 1, 2009—McAfee, Inc. (NYSE: MFE) ) announced that it completed the acquisition of privately owned MX Logic, Inc. for approximately $140 million in cash, with an earn-out of up to an additional $30 million in cash if certain performance targets are met.
“With this transaction, McAfee is uniquely positioned to offer the most comprehensive cloud-based security portfolio in the industry—one that combines leading global threat intelligence technologies from McAfee with its Security-as-a-Service solutions. Customers will be able to leverage the cloud to simplify their security architecture and enjoy access to a broader set of delivery options, including appliances, software or in-the-cloud deployments.”
—Marc Olesen, senior vice president and general manager, McAfee
MX Logic is a leading global provider of cloud-based email and Web security, email archiving and email continuity services. MX Logic protects approximately 40,000 customers and four million end users that will now be able to rely upon McAfee as a single source for complete security. In addition, more than 1,800 MX Logic channel partners provide a strong Security Software-as-a-Service partner ecosystem to cross sell McAfee technology-based solutions and develop co-branded and bundled offerings.
As previously announced, the MX Logic team will report to the McAfee Software-as-a-Service business unit, headed by Olesen.
McAfee expects the impact of the acquisition of MX Logic to be breakeven to slightly accretive in 2010 on non-GAAP earnings-per-share and more dilutive to GAAP earnings-per-share. For the remainder of 2009 we expect the impact of the acquisition to be $0.01 to $0.02 dilutive to non-GAAP earnings-per-share and more dilutive to GAAP earnings-per-share. Non-GAAP earnings-per-share will exclude the impact of amortization of acquired intangibles, stock-based compensation expense and other nonrecurring costs or charges.
McAfee Expands Security SaaS Leadership
Adding MX Logic’s technologies and services will provide McAfee with the most comprehensive cloud-based security portfolio in the industry—one that combines leading McAfee Global Threat Intelligence technologies with Security-as-a-Service solutions:
Global Threat Intelligence
- McAfee Artemis protects more than 33 million nodes through cloud-based intelligence
- McAfee TrustedSource analyzes data from more than 100 billion messages per month
- McAfee SiteAdvisor® provides consumers with a safer search, surf, and online shopping experience by serving 1.9 billion ratings every day
- McAfee Total Protection Service—Endpoint protection via SaaS that protects more than five million users with centralized management in the cloud
- McAfee Vulnerability Assessment —Web application and network vulnerability assessments via SaaS with real-time validation against industry standards, including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- McAfee SECURE helps keep consumers safe from cybercrime by scanning more than 80,000 merchant websites daily and serving more than 126 billion impressions since 2008. Additionally, McAfee vulnerability scanning services protect more than 250,000 websites.
- MX Logic protects 40,000 customers with more than four million end users with email and web security along with email archiving and continuity services
- More than 1,800 MX Logic channel partners provide a strong Security SaaS partner ecosystem to cross sell McAfee Security SaaS solutions and develop co-branded and bundled offerings
- MX Logic data centers in Asia Pacific, EMEA, Japan, and the United States protect a geographically dispersed customer base with the capacity to expand into new customer segments and global markets
For more information about McAfee security-as-service solutions, visit the McAfee Security-as-a-Service products page.
Visit the MX Logic products page for more details on its technology and products.